What is Vaginal Rejuvenation? Benefits, pros, and cons of Vaginal Rejuvenation
What is vaginal rejuvenation? Many women are asking this question. It is a laser procedure designed to improve the appearance and function of the vagina. The benefits of vaginal rejuvenation include improved sexual function and increased self-confidence. It also helps with urinary incontinence symptoms. However, like all procedures, this procedure has a few pros and cons. This article talks about all aspects of vaginal rejuvenation so that you can decide whether or not this procedure is correct for you.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a procedure that alters or changes vaginal anatomy both internally and externally. Vaginal rejuvenation is a corrective treatment for the vagina for age-related issues or cosmetic reasons. Age-related problems can be urinary incontinence, absence of lubrication, and lack of vaginal tightness.
Vaginal rejuvenation is done in one of these two ways:
- Surgical: Surgical procedure includes vulvoplasty, vaginoplasty, and labiaplasty.
- Non-surgical: Non-surgical procedures include laser and radiofrequency. This procedure is an energy-based treatment—both laser and radio-frequency heat the tissues, disturbing collagen formation. Using a laser heats the tissues in the vagina and tightens them. Cooling along with radiofrequency can tighten your vagina.
In both laser Vaginal Rejuvenation (LVR) and vaginoplasty, LVR uses a laser to tighten the skin around the vagina. In contrast, vaginoplasty involves surgically removing excess skin and tissue from the vagina. Both are outpatient procedures done under local anesthesia.
What are the benefits of vaginal rejuvenation?
One of the vital things in a relationship is sexual satisfaction. A lot of women are concerned about the widening of their vaginas. The cosmetic surgeon will recommend Vaginal rejuvenation to reconstruct the vaginal tissues to address this issue. This correction includes Vaginoplasty and Labiaplasty. Following are the benefits of vaginal rejuvenation:
- Customized to your specific needs
- Tightening your vaginal area
- Visible improvement to the complete appearance of the treated area
- Increases your sexual satisfaction
- Expands your partner’s sexual experience
- Recovers existing medical concerns, such as urinary incontinence
Why do women desire vaginal rejuvenation?
The vagina muscle is flexible like elastic and can enlarge mainly due to two reasons:
- Childbirth: The vagina expands during childbirth as a woman is required to push the baby.
- Age: With age, there are a lot of hormonal changes that reduce muscle strength and the nearby connective tissues. It results in losing vaginal elasticity. Lack of estrogen results in making the vaginal walls thin. It makes one feel the changes in diameter. It is vaginal atrophy.
This looseness makes women desire vaginal rejuvenation. Women opt for this procedure either for a better quality of life or for cosmetic reasons. Many women complain about urinary incontinence after childbirth, and this treatment can help them reduce this concern.
Pros and cons of vaginal rejuvenation?
There are some risks involved in vaginal rejuvenation. Below mentioned are some pros and cons of vaginal rejuvenation.
Pro #1: Enhances sexual sensations
Vaginal rejuvenation helps in restoring the firmness of vaginal walls. A lot of women lose the tightness in the vagina due to age. Vaginal rejuvenation tightens the vaginal walls, which enhances the sexual sensation in women.
Pro #2: Cures urinary incontinence
Vaginal rejuvenation tightens the pelvic floor muscles, eliminating urinary incontinence. The role of the pelvic floor is to hold one’s urine. Bladder control issues can arise if it is not tight enough, resulting in urinary incontinence.
Pro #3: Enhances self-confidence
Vaginal rejuvenation is performed by a laser-certified professional RN or NP who can restore the youthful appearance of women. As a result, women feel assured about their vaginal area looks, enhancing their self-confidence.
Con #1: This treatment can require more than one session
It is recommended to start with three treatments spaced one to two weeks apart. Depending upon the severity of your concern, your treatment may need additional treatments.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a non-surgical procedure designed to improve the appearance and function of the vagina. There are many benefits to vaginal rejuvenation, but some risks are also associated with the procedure. Therefore, it is essential to consider the pros and cons before deciding whether or not vaginal rejuvenation is right for you.